Nothing gets me going like a good recipe and a new dish to bake. The planning, the excitement when the dish looks like its working out, the joy of seeing my family and friends gobble it up and eagerly looking forward to what I can bake next, everything about baking makes me happy (the messy kitchen counter top aside :p) Here's a peek into my kitchen, my cooking, my wonderland.


Friday 25 November 2011

Strawberry Fizz

Strawberry pop
I'm slowly moving on to featuring non-bakes in my blog and what better way to start than something bubbly? Since strawberries are in season, I decided to make my popular Strawberry Fizz drink a few days ago. It's super simple to make and trust me when I say you will rush for seconds after you taste it. 


Ingredients:

  • 1 pack of strawberries, cleaned, with the leaf removed
  • Juice of half a lime
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (optional if strawberries are very sweet. I personally like the tang without the sugar)
  • Soda
  • Sprite/7-up or any other lemony fizzy drink
  • Ice cubes
  • A few sprigs of mint leaves

Method:

  • Chop up the strawberries, drop it into your blender along with the lime juice, a few mint leaves, sugar and salt. Add in a few ice cubes and a bit of the sprite and blitz.
  • Add a 1/4 measure (Fill 1/4 of your serving glass) of the strawberry mixture to a glass.
  • Add the ice cubes and top up with equal quantities of soda and sprite (you can use a 3:2 ratio between soda and sprite depending on how sweet you want your drink to be)
  • Garnish with a few mint leaves and serve.
  • P.S: You can add a shot of your fav spirit to it and make it a cocktail too :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback.