Nothing gets me going like a good recipe and a new dish to bake. The planning, the excitement when the dish looks like its working out, the joy of seeing my family and friends gobble it up and eagerly looking forward to what I can bake next, everything about baking makes me happy (the messy kitchen counter top aside :p) Here's a peek into my kitchen, my cooking, my wonderland.


Friday 16 December 2011

To 'Bee' or not to 'Bee'

Hi 'Bee'autiful
Saw a pic of bees and looked around for inspiration online and found the perfect one. Forgot which one it is exactly, so I can't post a link here, but I hope the pics are enough to give you guys an idea :) 

Honey I'm home :)
These are my first fondant figurines and I'm mighty tickled by how they turned out, especially without proper sugar modelling tools. From the back of bubble spoons to bottle caps that matched the sizes I needed, it was a kitchen raid all the way :)
These lil bees make great cupcake toppers like so:
Sitting pretty
Or also add a charming appearance to a cake. You can be as creative as you want with them. Remember, store them in an airtight container if you plan on using them later. I tried making the cake look like a somewhat beehive and placed one cutie pie in the center. Try your own combinations and don't forget, let me know how they turn out. For any tips/queries, leave a comment and I shall gladly help you in any way I can :)
My makeshift bee hive


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback.